Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Am I Old?

Today I went to the mall shopping for Christmas presents. I now have bought many of my presents for my family and Becca, but still have a little more to shop for. When I was ready to leave, and just about out of the mall, a lady carrying a clip-board walked up to me. She said "May I ask you a question?" I reluctantly agreed. Her question was "What year were you born in?" My answer was clearly 1977, to which she replied "Holy Sh^$!.......How old are you?" I said 29. She flipped through her clip-board and said there was nothing for me, then asked me if I smoked. When I said no, she said ok and turned to someone else.
Now, what am I supposed to think when I get that reaction upon telling someone what year I was born in? Do I look so old that she didn't think I'd possibly been born as recently as 1977? And is there something about me that looks like I smoke incessantly? I don't know. But she sure made me wonder.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a cradle robber!!

Erik said...

yes

Gina Cooper said...

And I find it amusing that she could not calculate your age when you told her you were born in 1977! You are not old :). I just read an article on CNN that says 60 is the new middle age. Of course when I think about the next big age for me I realize it is 40. THAT is scary!