Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sweet on Geeks

Becca just introduced me to a website I'd never seen, sweetongeeks.com. Apparently it was set up by a geeky couple who wanted to help other geeks meet each other. How romantic. :)

It has cool stuff on it including links to places like thinkgeek.com, from which Jenna has a shirt. There is also their blog, which among other things includes a list of reasons to date geek girls.

1. They are generally available
2. Other men will tend not to steal them
3. They can fix things
4. Your computer will love them
5. They're smart

Now seriously, are the first 2 items (aka she's undesirable to most people) really a selling point?

4 comments:

Joel said...

You can turn anything into a positive. Kind of like when you're programming.

"That's not a bug... it's a feature!"

Gina Cooper said...

Does Becca think she's a geek? Is that why she introduced you to this site?

Anonymous said...

This site never helped me in fact all it ever did was allowed itself to failed and so it did but on the lighter side at lease I talk to a couple of nice girls (emphasis on nice) still I tried it I've been on for a couple of years and the worse part never had my dream girl come anytime soon but hey I did got lots of laughs during my time on sweet on geeks til the next geek dating site starts up.

Anonymous said...

Did I mention the fact since I'm a nerd and all my comic fixation has grown too large to control and to top it all off I keep watching old 50's but almost to 30's sci-fi horror flicks I guess I'm what you called retrofitted but hey I'm trying like hell to get my senses back times like this I wish I can diffently be a urban hipster make that a futuristic version of a hipster until the next life.