Sunday, February 24, 2008

Visitations

Becca and I are currently sitting in the Sacramento Airport waiting for our flights back to our respective homes. We had a good trip. On Sunday we went on a hike to Feather Falls, which is a beautiful 640 foot high waterfall. It was a 9 mile hike of moderate difficulty. However after 9 miles of just about any difficulty I end up pretty tired, which I suppose is kind of the point. I took a video of the falls too just for effect, but I took it's sideways and I don't know how to rotate the video 90 degrees. Any input on an easy way to do that? I have had other times I wanted to and have never figured out a good way to do it.

Then on Monday we went ring shopping and purchasing as noted in my last blog

On Wednesday we went up to Donner Ski Ranch to go skiing. It is a pretty good place to go skiing. There were a lot of slopes at our ability level, it had recently snowed so we had nice fresh snow to ski on, and it was not too crowded so we had plenty of space on most of the runs. The next day we went to Squaw Valley which was the home of the 8th winter Olympic games which were held in 1960. There were 27 events and 30 countries represented. It was the first televised Olympics and the first to use a computerized system to determine the winners. We took a cable car up to the top of the mountain where there was a nice display about the Olympic Games. We had talked about skating on the Olympic Ice but did not due to time constraints from an incoming snow storm. We were there for a couple hours then left to get back to Sacramento before the storm picked up.

I got a bit of a laugh leaving the hotel before going to Squaw Valley on Thursday. We knew it might be snowing, so Alan (Becca's Brother-in-law) had put his chains in the car in case we needed them. We didn't end up needing them but in the morning there was frost and we didn't have a scraper and we ended up using the squeegee. I just thought it was a funny contrast to find myself in a car with snow chains in case of severe snow but no scraper. :)

1 comment:

Joel said...

Holy cow, I don't check for a few days and suddenly there's two new posts. :) Sounds like you had a good trip. Yay for rings - I hope it is the Lord of the Rings.